Songstress Bongi Dube, who is the daughter of the late Lucky Dube is grateful to have escaped with her life after she got electrocuted during a performance in Durban
Isolezwe is reporting that Bongi’s leg and left arm was seriously injured in the freak accident.
“As I was about to sing on stage I unfortunately then stepped on one of the electric chords which was not properly wrapped. It felt like someone had hit me with a knopkierie, everything went blank afterwards,” she told the paper.
Bongi’s manager apparently called her husband, who is also a doctor to attend to her.
The songstress is said to be recovering but still finds it difficult to walk or drive.
While the physical injuries may be healing Bongi said the incident was incredibly traumatic and she wants to put it behind her
Bongi shared pictures of her injuries on Instagram saying that she was “grateful to be able to move”.